My Monday was fairly productive – I stayed at the office until around 7pm to get caught up on work, fit in a quick gym visit afterwards, and FINALLY cleaned my kitchen/living rooms floors. That task had been on my to-do list for at least 3 weeks…
Breakfast was coffee with skim, 2 sliced kiwis, a crunchy Kashi granola bar, and an adora calcium supplement.
Around 11:30am my stomach demanded a snack – herbal tea and individually wrapped prunes. The senior citizen special :-)
My library book (Sophie’s Choice) is over-due, so I decided to speed read while I ate my lunch. I found a sunny bench near Central park and enjoyed my usual salad:
- romaine/mixed greens, carrots, red onion
- green beans in sherry vinegar
- chickpeas/kidney beans (~1/2 cup)
- feta cheese
- dried cranberries
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinaigrette
Over the weekend I received a box PACKED full of Newman’s Own Organic goodies. Yay, so exciting! I will do a full review later, but I couldn’t resist breaking into some hermit cookies yesterday afternoon. These little guys are about the shape and size of Fig Newtons. They have a delicious molasses flavor, contain organic raisins, and are very soft and chewy. The best part – each cookie contains 10% RDA if iron (from the molasses)!! I ate 4 cookies :-)
After 35 minutes on the elliptical (I was feeling tireddddd….), I headed home and created a wonderful salad for dinner.
- Romaine lettuce
- orange sections
- 1/4 avocado
- 2 Tbs supremely spicy hummus
- 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese
- 1 Tbs salsa
- a few tostitos crumbled on top
Along with my salad I munched on 2 Wasa crackers with peanut butter and a little bit of Nate’s strawberry jam.
After some writing and blog work, I treated myself to an ice cream cone with Edy’s Cookie Dough. Yum!!
After dessert, I went on my cleaning frenzy and finished the night with clean sheets, an empty sink, and shiny floors :-)
p.s. Nate and I went to the grocery store on Sunday and I thought I’d show you what our haul looked like. Not too many fruits & veggies were purchased, but that’s mostly because I buy salads from the office cafeteria for lunch M-F and I already had apples, potatoes, onions, OJ, and tons of dried fruit on hand.
- Smucker’s natural pb
- Strawberry jam
- 1% cottage cheese
- chocolate chips AND peanut butter chips (Nate’s breakfast of choice)
- Cabot sharp cheddar and light cheddar
- Garden of Eden organic tortilla chips (“healthy” nachos are on the menu this week)
- Edy’s slow churned x 2 (a summertime necessity!)
- Stonyfield Farm organic skim milk
- Whole wheat bread with extra Omega 3′s (just add pb & j)
- Powerade (for Nate’s 4 hour bike rides)
- Ice cream cones (great for ice cream portion control)
- Romaine lettuce (salads, yum!)