I began Thursday with a morning trip to the gym (still trying to find activities that don’t exacerbate my IT band/hamstring/butt pain). After 30 minutes of elliptical, 10 minutes of rowing, and some foam rolling I was feeling pleasantly sweaty!
Breakfast was coffee, calcium supplement, 1/2 apple, 1/2 banana, cinnamon raisin bagel, and Tbs Barney Butter (almond butter).
Lunch was my usual salad and iced green tea. I ate outside in the sunshine!
Today’s mix included:
- shredded carrots
- sliced red onion
- sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinaigrette
- white beans & chickpeas (~1/2 cup)
- feta cheese (~1 oz)
- Tbs craisins
- Tbs whole grain croutons
It was delicious! But I need to stop buying $2 bottles of fancy iced tea….
I love Annie’s graham bunnies so much! I finished up what was left in the box (maybe 1.5 servings?) for an afternoon snack. Now it’s time to buy some more!I knew dinner was going to be late (~9pm) so I need a little pick-me up after work. I was lured in to Tasti D-Lite where I purchased a small cone.
Once I got home, I began preparing dinner. I based my Middle Eastern Stuffed Peppers on a recipe I found in Women’s Health Magazine.
Read on for the details on my version:
- 4 red bell peppers
- 1/2 – 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1/4 cup chopped olives
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 tsp diced garlic
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut tops off of bell peppers, save tops and set aside, remove seeds, and place peppers in a small baking dish
- Spray a medium frying pan with cooking spray and cook meat, garlic, cinnamon, and cumin over medium heat for ~4 minutes
- Add tomato sauce and raisins and cook for another 4 minutes
- Remove from heat, stir in olives and rice
- Divide meat-rice mixture evenly among the bell peppers
- Cover baking dish tightly with foil and bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees
Yum! My stuffed pepper was delicous with a glass of ice cold beer.
I finished the night with a few squares of my favorite chocolate bar – Cadbury’s fruit & nut!