Looks like you had a case of the Mondays….My week started off sleepy and with a big mug o’ coffee.
Cherries – got ’em on sale again.
Breakfast was a Kashi GoLean Chewy bar. 6 grams of fiber and 13 grams of protein and it tastes like a candy bar. I don’t think I would have this for breakfast everyday, but it’s a great grab and go option. It kept me full for 4 hours!
Before lunch, I squeezed a 30-minute “super set” workout. By “super set” I mean that I performed each of the exercises in quick succession, without much rest in between. I think I get a better workout and it takes less time this way!
2 x 10 bench step-ups (7.5 lb weights)
- 2 x 10 chest press (10 lb weights)
- 2 x 10 rows (10 lb weights)
- 2 x 10 lunges
- 4 x 10 stability ball exercises
- 2 x 30 second planks
- 2 x 15 mountain climbers
- 3 x 10 push-ups
- 3 x 10 squats
- Ab routine
- Finished up with 1 mile (~10 minutes) of rowing. Phew!
My leg was really bugging me yesterday, hopefully my PT appt this evening will help things a bit :-( I found this article on the Runner’s World website and it sounds exactly like what I am dealing with…
I was very hungry for lunch!!
In the mix:
- mixed greens, romaine, mushrooms, onion, shredded carrots, asparagus
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, 1/2 cup pinto & black beans
- Tbs balsamic vinaigrette and a few croutons
- Tastings (~2Tbs) of pesto pasta salad and tabbouleh salad – yum!
Sweet tooth attacks!
Around 4pm, I made a cup of Earl Grey tea and a vanilla almond biscotti.
After a long commute home, I was starving for dinner! Hemp bagel with a sliced banana and yummy, crunchy, salty Whole Foods peanut butter.
I was having kind of a crappy day, so a special dessert was necessary! I enjoyed 1/2 cup of Edy’s cookies ‘n cream ice cream with a vegan peanut butter cookie. I love cookies :-)
Let’s hope Tuesday is a little better than my Monday :-)